Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, November 13, 2008

12 Weeks...YAY!!!

Today I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders...we are finally 12 weeks pregnant. This is such a happy milestone!!! I read my "pregnancy weekly" email and book today and here are the details of what is happening with our twins this week. They now have REFLEXES. Our babies' fingers will soon begin to open and close, their toes will curl, their eye muscles will clench, and their mouth will make sucking movements. Their kidneys will begin excreting urine into their bladder. When I read all these things about our babies I just feel in awe, creating life is such an amazing process...it truly is a miracle. I also read that our babies are about the size of a lime now and they weigh half an ounce.

On a side note...The babies in my ticker are so cute now, they are all bunched up in the fetal position and seem to have some hair. I also want to point out that my ticker is now out of the 200's...Yay!!! We are getting closer!

8 comments:

Cyn said...

Just wait until the panic sets in because the ticker babies are spending too much time upside down-that was a tough week!

12 weeks is such a huge milestone. I definitely remember breathing a little easier once we passed it up.

Grow babies grow!

Sarah Andrews said...

Great News Melissa! Congrats on entering the second trimester! Buckle in, cause time is going to fly!! I still can't believe that you are expecting twins!!!

Kristy said...

Yay Berg Babies #3 and #4! Congrats, guys :-)

N said...

12 weeks is a huge milestone - congratulations!!

Sanda said...

Congratulations on the 12 week mark!! Go babies!

Anonymous said...

YAY us! And all is quiet on the western front! I breathe easier now that we are officially 2nd trimester.

This trimester should be the easiest one (at least for me, lol) and I hope history repeats itself. Time will tell I suppose.

bsedens said...

Wow! It is so exciting...We have 6 sets of twins in the NICU right now and they are all healthy and beautiful! All just a few weeks early but no complications, just need to grow a little...I never get tied of seeing the little twins co-bedded. They wrap their arms and legs and suck on each others elbows sometimes. It is simply the sweetest of life's pictures. Just think your gonna have that every day. And Hannah and Olivia too ! Oh Melissa you are so blessed. Love ya, Bethel

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

We're also expecting twins.

I was surfing online tonight (looking up stuff on cord blood banking) but then I got sidetracked and started looking up twin stuff (such an exciting time that I can't focus :-) and I ran across your blog.

Anyway, found a couple good things so far...
a coupon for $250 off CBR at
http://www.cord-blood-banking-coupon.com
CBR also offers an additional $1000 discount for the second baby...
http://www.cordblood.com/cord_blood_banking_with_cbr/pricing_multiple_birth.asp

Best wishes!