Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Halfway!!!

We've hit our halfway mark in this pregnancy!!! We are 19 weeks today!! We'll have a scheduled induction at 38 weeks so we are officially halfway to our grand finale. The babies weigh about 8.5 ounces now and measure 6 inches each from head to bottom. Each baby is about the size of a large heirloom tomato now. They are starting to sprout hair. Some research suggests that our babies may be able to hear voices now. Due to this research Darin and I are debating making a CD with us reading and the girls singing. Steph would play our CD and let the babies listen to our voices through headphones on her tummy. We did not do this for Hannah or Olivia and we didn't have any bonding issues with them but we may give it a try this time just for kicks. I think it would be fun for Hannah and Olivia to do something special for their new baby siblings.

4 comments:

Cyn said...

I am a big fan of the recording-especially with the siblings. We've done the recording both times, and while it may not have made a difference (the bonding was great immediately), it certainly didn't hurt and made us all feel as though we were doing everything we could to make the transition easier.

It certainly wasn't a big deal on my end to play it. We've just started playing it this pregnancy (it took longer to get good clips of the siblings), but the babies become very active when I play it.

I say go for it!

Sarah Andrews said...

I say go for it too! I think that your girls would have a blast! My GS plays our CD too and she says that babygirl goes bananas for it! She took a video of her playing for our babe last night and sure enough there were rolls and kicks in abundance! I am so thrilled that you guys are getting closer!!!

MyLifeMyWorld said...

The audio clips are a lot of fun to play for the baby. Better than music I think, afterall baby gets to know your voice rather than some Mozart. Also you just never know, it may not make a difference in the bonding, but may help with recognition for baby and you!

Have fun with it!!

Sanda said...

Congrats on the 1/2 way mark!