Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 9, 2009

Level 2 Ultrasound

Darin and I are happy and excited to share with you the results of our ultrasound today!!! First off the twins are both doing wonderfully! They are healthy and right on target with growth!

Only 12% of those who voted in our guess the genders poll guessed correctly, 88% of you were wrong! That's right we are going to be a house full of sugar and spice and everything nice...It's Twin Girls!!! Darin's master plan to create an all-Berg women's swimming relay team for the 2020 Summer Olympics is well under way! We are so excited!

The girls were very good today considering that they were in the car for over 13 hours! Hannah had some very cute things to say about the babies and today's ultrasound. Before the ultrasound today Darin and I asked her what she wanted to name our babies. At the time we were in the car and she was watching movies. She decided that she wanted to name the babies Tinkerbell (I don't think I need to explain this one) and Rex (the dog from the Little Mermaid). After the ultrasound today we were looking at our wonderful pictures and she said "It's pretty dark in Stephanie's tummy." The ultrasound pictures have black surrounding the babies. She keeps us laughing!

Here are a few photos from today! I'll post the ultrasound photos tomorrow with a bigger update on each baby girl!

Here's a photo of Steph and a small update on her too! She's measuring 23.5 weeks pregnant, we are currently 20 weeks. She's had some swelling lately so Dr. Richman suggested she decrease her intake of salt and increase her intake of protein. She looks beautiful as you all can see!
This is us after our ultrasound today!
The big girls and I at the Waterloo mall picking out some cute clothes for our two little girls!

10 comments:

Cyn said...

How exciting!! No matter how it turned out, it was bound to be perfect! What could be more perfect than 4 little girls!!

Good to hear doc isn't concerned about the swelling and has advice other than put her feet above her heart (how does one do that anyhow?)

I can't wait to hear more and continue to feel your joy!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, do I need a little sun or what? LOL. That's cold dreary Iowa winters for ya!

Oh and just to let you all know, your GIRLS were partying hard in my tummy tonight. It was the first night they were really really active like that. I think they loved spending time with their family! :)

Sarah Andrews said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SO VOTED TWO GIRLS! OH my how incredibly exciting! Melissa!!!I am thrilled! Your story is an inspiration!!!!!

Huge celebration hugs!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys. I'll admit that I voted for one boy and one girl originally, but lately I'd been feeling that it could be 2 girls. Think of all the girls when we all get together now - 9 in total for the 3 of us! yikes!

J and D said...

What a great outcome. Four healthy girls!! YEAH!!!!!!! Just think of all the fun the girls will have throughout their lifetimes. Sisterly love. :) Congratulations

debbie Joiner said...

We are so excited . Four beautiful Berg girls. We are looking so forward to meeting our new girls.
Love, Mom and Dad.

Kristy said...

I was right! 2 Lucky babies! hehe.

But I was so WRONG in my actually guessing of the sexes - I guessed 2 boys. lol. But I've told you in the past- you should always go with the opposite of what I think! I was wrong with both Xavier and Olivia too. HA!

Anyway - big congrats and even bigger hugs to all of you! I hope you didn't have too much trouble driving - we're now getting the big snow storm that is coming from your direction...fun to play in - but awful to drive in!

How fun to have 4 Berg girls - you won't have to change the name of your other blog! LOL! How funny is it that I was thinking of that last night..."I wonder what they would change the blog name to, if there's a boy in the mix now!"? I think its because I remember the conversation after Olivia's u/s about what the blog name would change to ;-)

Much love to you all! Please squeeze the girls for me!
Kristy

Joe, Kate, Lauren, Meredith and Natalie said...

Yay! Congrats!!!

Sanda said...

I was totally wrong too :) I guessed one of each! But VERY exciting!! My SIL has 3 daughters and she loves it. Glad to hear that everybody is healthy!

MyLifeMyWorld said...

I can't remember what I voted but I'm really glad to hear that everyone is doing well and is healthy. 4 beautiful girls, you get to shop for more cute baby girl clothes, I just love baby girl fashions. I do feel for hubby though, poor guy, come puberty I hope you have a garage he can move into....hahahaha! What is dad saying about all this?? Love to hear his side.